Re: My Citeline bibliography

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:29:27 -0400

Amanda Graham wrote:
> Hello, Stefano,
>
> I've more-or-less finished my bibliography. I've posted it publicly,
> here: http://www.distlearn.ca/agraham/ipy/ but I'm experiencing some
> problems.

Hi Amanda,

congrats on your exhibit, it looks awesome.

In the future, please send email to the mailing list
citeline-lib_at_mit.edu instead of directly to me as I'm currently on
vacation and, more importantly, I don't work for MIT any longer and
others will be taking care of Citeline from now on.

I'll still be looking over their shoulders to make sure that all my
knowledge gets properly transferred, so not to worry, lots of people
will be trying to avoid any disruption during the transition.

> Perhaps you could have a look and let me know if it's
> something I did? The timeline view doesn't (Failed to create view
> Timeline / Caught exception: undefined; Details: TypeError:
> this._timeline is undefined / Caught exception: Error adding action
> {select Timeline view} to history; Details: TypeError: this._timeline is
> undefined)

by looking at the source it seems that you forgot to select which
property the timeline should be picking up its data from (normally I use
"year").

> and RDF/XML complains that "Details: TypeError: D is
> undefined" when I try it.

This one I have no idea.

> I have one question--is there a crib sheet of some kind that tells me
> which of the BiBTeX fields are used to compile the displayed references
> of the various types or should I be able to figure that out from the
> downloaded html file?

This is the data that your exhibit is running on:

http://citeline.mit.edu/3091104b6e501fb62dbe2979b8bf7e39a77fd9a1/data.jsonp

(you can see this from the top of your HTML file)

by opening that file you'll know precisely what field is called what.

> Thanks, again, for an excellent tool. It's great!

You're welcome!

> Amanda Graham
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> *Amanda Graham*, UArctic _at_ Yukon College
> University Studies, Yukon College
> PO Box 2799
> Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5K4
> T: 867-668-8773
> F: 867-668-8805
> /Circumpolar Studies -- The coolest program around!/

Digital Libraries Research Group                 Research Scientist
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E25-131, 77 Massachusetts Ave               skype: stefanomazzocchi
Cambridge, MA  02139-4307, USA         email: stefanom at mit . edu