Code appears not to deal properly with DOIs with characters in them

From: Andre DeHon <andre_at_acm.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:46:59 -0400

    I'm seeing some of my DOI references come as
http://citeline.mit.edu/5037e7321afa038396ae2c507fd8a4d905030cab/%7Bhttp://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCAD.2006.884574%7D
when it should be just:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCAD.2006.884574

This appears to only happen when the DOI has characters in it (like TCAD
above).

This is a valid DOI (followup and note this is what IEEE Xplore is
giving out as the DOI).

I'm guessing someone thought that shouldn't happen and cleverly rewriting.
Is this something you can fix? or suggest a workaround?

          thanks,

                Andre'