Re: PDF links question

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:22:10 -0400

Hi Matthias,
> * the downloaded HTML seems to need the server when
> run from disk. It cannot run as stand-alone? How can we make it?

The Exhibit HTML needs to be hosted on a web server somewhere... usually
your own or your institution's.
If you don't have a web server available, I suggest trying Google Sites.
> * Most important: Zotero database was saved with a large number of
> PDF files (the articles), that we want to make available through
> the exhibit, eg. by clicking on the title of a reference.

The articles will need to be available on the Web (e.g. on the same web
server that you put the Exhibit HTML)
and the metadata updated to include the new URL to the article.
> How can this be accomplished? Any tools or hidden functionality
> available online?

There's nothing special in Zotero or Exhibit to do this, but it's not
difficult... it just takes time to upload
all the PDFs to the server and update the Zotero metadata.
> Otherwise this is a very useful service and we congratulate you for
> making this available, many thanks!

I'm glad you found it useful, and I hope you can find a way to put your
Exhibit online!

MacKenzie