FW: Special Issue on "Mapping Knowledge Domains"

From: Butler, Mark <mark-h.butler_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:10:10 +0100

I think by mapping they mean "getting an overview of a subject area from a
high level" e.g. like a cartographic map rather than "merging heterogeneous
information sources".

From the abstracts, they seem to be using mainly what I would characterise
as subsymbolic AI approaches e.g. Kohnonen networks, small world networks
rather than the symbolic AI approaches we find in the Semantic Web.

Stefano, just a reminder - I've mentioned this before, but I think we need a
better way of discussing stuff like this - either a bookmark manager, or a
blog that several of us can write to?