Restarting the ontology discussion

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:11:36 -0400

Ryan and I are currently busy trying to get Longwell out of the door so
that we can move on, but my perception is that the ontology discussion
was somehow "jammed" by the amount of different perceptions.

This normally happens when you want to cover too much ground at once and
you spread too thin too fast. Let's not go there.

While I understand that it would be cool to have a uber-ontology that
would fix all the RDF presentation needs for all possible clients, I
think that what we need here is a little more focus on the problems at hand.

Which is: we have some RDF and we want to present it, read-only, thru an
existing browser.

We have different ontologies for that, but we want to come up with one.

Chris gave an excellent starting point and several people made comments
and suggestions on that.

At this point I feel kinda lost (and I sense I'm not the only one), so
Ryan, Chris, I think it would be wonderful if some of you could wrap up
the current status of the discussion and indicate the URLs where we can
find the current state of the work.

Thanks.