More on rdfizers, SMBMeta format

From: Butler, Mark H (Labs Bristol) <"Butler,>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:35:09 +0100

Hi team,

Apologies if you are already aware of this, but here is another data
source you might be interested in - I found this interesting article on
metadata
http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/03/24/index0a.html?tw=e-business
and it describes a metadata standard I have not encountered before
http://www.smbmeta.org/
for describing small medium businesses. Amazingly ("Holy Semantic Web,
Batman") quite a few businesses are already publishing data in this
format on the web - for examples see
http://www.stgsys.com/smbmeta.xml
http://www.rdvo.com/smbmeta.xml
http://www.tedroche.com/smbmeta.xml
etc - for a complete list see
http://www.overall.com/

It's in XML, but it looks fairly trivial to convert to RDF/XML. So I
think it would be easy to put together a screenscraper to extract the
metadata and transform it into RDF.

hope this is of interest, cheers,

Dr Mark H. Butler
mark-h.butler_at_hp.com