Re: Piggy-Bank feedback

From: Frank Manola <fmanola_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:13:18 -0500

A further data point on this thread about dealing with untyped nodes.
I've been going through the exercise of looking at various examples from
the RDF Primer (as individual files) in PiggyBank. One situation where
not dealing with untyped nodes creates a bit of a problem is if anyone
wants to use parseType="Collection" (example 17), since the generated
blank nodes are untyped, and as a result the structure of the list
doesn't show up. I suppose you could always create the lists in
"longhand" (example 18) and define types for the intermediate nodes
explicitly, but that's a bit of pain.

--Frank

PS: I'd note in this connection that under the RDFS semantic
conditions, these blank nodes *do* have a type, namely rdf:List. Just
another complication.