Re: AW: AW: Considerations on RDF presentation

From: <Lloyd.Rutledge_at_cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:00:35 +0200 (CEST)

Actually, I'd be happy simply with a better label to the resource itself.
Sesame's explore mode has "visit this resource on the Web" as the
link text, slightly better (I think) than the URI. I like Semame's
approach: one button with one label that means the same thing in each
display. Though I could use a smaller label, such as "document web"
or "media web".

In a semantic display, this button takes you to the same point in the
"Document Web". Similarly, you have one button with one label to take
you from any Document Web display to the Semantic browser display of
the meta data for that document. Thus you switch between two browsing
worlds, both with portals at the document resources.

In Noadster papers we've stated that a browswer can check the
mimetype of a resource to know if it a media resourse, and thus give
such a button, or a conceptual resource, and offer no such button.

Originally, Noadster displayed both the media/document and metadata
together. Worked well for small and medium-sized images, which would
appear as part of the display. Large images and documents would not
work so well, so we stopped the approach.

-Lloyd