Data coin doesn't show up (was: Piggy-Bank 2.0 beta release)

From: Svensson, Lars <svensson_at_dbf.ddb.de>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:44:28 +0200

In litteris suis de Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005 00:07, Eric Miller
<mailto:em_at_w3.org> scripsit:
[...]
> Additional details regarding Piggy Bank including installation
> guides, usage scenarios, technical documentation and ways in which
> you can help contribute to this work are all available on the Piggy
> Bank Home Page:
>
> - http://simile.mit.edu/piggy-bank/

Hi all,
I'm following the Piggy Bank project (and other simile activities, too)
as a silent participant. When I saw Erik's announcement, I installed the
newest version of Piggy Bank in Firefox 1.0.4 [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4] started
the browser again, and surfed to
http://simile.mit.edu/piggy-bank/collect.html to collect some data bits.
No Data Coin. On to http://simile.mit.edu/piggy-bank/enable.html: No
Data Coin, but some info saying, that I need to have absolute URIs in my
web page to make the link work (which the simile pages don't). On to
http://people.csail.mit.edu/dfhuynh/research/downloads/screen-scrapers/,
where the links do have absolute URIs. No data coin. Am I doing anything
wrong?

--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Die Deutsche Bibliothek