Re: connection refused, PrivilegedActionException

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:38:51 -0400

Chris Rector wrote:
> Hi everyone (my first post).
>
> I just downloaded and installed PB yesterday and I am getting the same
> error, I believe. I've pasted the trace below from my Java console
> that appears upon starting Firefox.
>
> I haven't started trying to debug the problem myself (maybe just a
> JAVA_HOME or CLASSPATH problem?), but I thought it might help to post
> this. I'm using the same stuff as Todd (XP, Firefox 1.0.4, Java
> 1.5.0_04, PB version 2.0b2).

Thanks for the alerts, guys.

I tracked down the issue. Installing a new version of PB with new jars
over an existing installation does not eliminate old jars (not much of a
surprise there). So when I and anyone else with a previous install of
PB moved on to the next version, there were no classpath issues because
lucene-1.3.jar was still in the right directory, and it happens to still
have the Analyzer class.

When we upgraded to Lucene 1.4.3, the jar name changed, and the name is
referenced in one of the component javascript files. Those of you who
installed a completely new version would not have had the luxury of an
old jar sitting around.

I'll make the change and announce a new XPI and see what I can do about
making that a generated part of the file instead of one we have to
manually change with every library upgrade.

If you're brave enough, quit Firefox, go into the PB extension folder
({e29...}) in your profile, and edit components/nsPiggyBank.js to use
'lucene-1.4.3.jar' instead of lucene-1.3. Start FF again, you should be
fine.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327