Re: examples of linking bibliographic RDF to articles

From: Alf Eaton <alf_at_hubmed.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:09:35 +0200

On 15 Jul 2005, at 07:06, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> Impossible (as far as bio/med publications are concerned, anyway).
>>

> Why impossible? (not dense, just curious)

Because you can't say for sure who a person is. The system can't
differentiate between two people with the same (the closest that
people have come is inferring different identities from lists of
collaborators). What you could do, perhaps, is define one particular
name at one particular address as a unique person, but it breaks when
you get someone with a common name and you still have to link that to
the same person at an earlier or later address.

I'd like to be shown otherwise, but there doesn't seem to be a way to
know exactly who a paper's author is, at the moment.

alf.