Re: [RT] Learning from Greasemonkey + Platypus

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:09:43 -0400

On Aug 3, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Anyway, should this be a different plugin or should this be built
> inside piggy bank?

No strong opinion, but my hunch is the former. Piggy Bank should be as
clean and focussed as possible.

> Also, once we have the content we want and the URL and the xpath
> (should we say xpointers?) locations, how do we turm them into RDF
> statements? how do we guide them to select the available ontologies or
> empower them to make their own?

Not sure, but I like the quesitons!

This raises an issue I've been wondering about. A lot of the content I
might want to convert to RDF via PB is stored behind authenticated
sites (journal databases, Lexis Nexis, etc.). In other words, I can
access them while on campus, but not while away (without password).

Can PB handle that?

Bruce