Re: open issue piggybank-12 (almost) solved

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:32:21 -0400

On Aug 22, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Eric Miller wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2005, at 12:37 PM, Ryan Lee wrote:
>

>> What I did last week:
>>
>> - JIRA RDF listener is running on simile.mit.edu; see
>> http://simile.mit.edu/data/jira/ and
>> http://simile.mit.edu/repository/RDFizers/jira2rdf/
>>

> oh! excellent! :) One step closed to better integration of issues,
> bug tracking, community discussions, etc. Well done.
>
> I started looking at http://simile.mit.edu/data/jira/current.rdf .
> The build as of last friday seems to now capture RDF file and
> display this in the browser rather than save to disk. From there
> one can view this data directly in piggy-bank.
>
> I hadn't seen this mentioned previously, but its a handy feature to
> have. I haven't yet looked the code, but from appearances it seems
> to do this via URL sniffing rather than mime type :( Look at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr (i see no icon)
> http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf (i see piggy bank icon)
>
> Both are returned Content-Type: application/rdf+xml
>
> Regardless, thanks! This partial implementation solve most of the
> open issue I had with http://simile.mit.edu/issues/browse/
> PIGGYBANK-12 in that at least it allows one to navigate better
> through RDF that is linked together on the web.

ps: Making this point slightly clearer in terms of implementation,
I'd like to eventually see a user-configurable option that enables
piggy-bank be a default viewer for RDF data. Once set, clicking on
an RDF/XML file (not the icon) for example simply presents this data
directly to the user in piggy-bank.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/