can't get simile to work

From: Michael Schidlowsky <mikes_at_alumni.princeton.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:59:42 -0400

I appear to have successfully installed the simile piggy-bank firefox
extension, and provided my email address the first time I restarted
firefox. However, I have not been able to make the symbol appear in the
lower-right hand side of my browser.

Also, when I try to browse my piggy bank, I get an error:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:1978"

I've turned off my antivirus software and I don't have the windows
firewall software running, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Thanks,
Michael