Re: WELCOME to general_at_simile.mit.edu

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:20:24 -0400

Tomas Marek wrote:

>> Bingo, that used to be a problem for Firfox itself, before 1.0. My
>> window user ID
>> is pretty plain ASCII whereas "Application Data" folder is localized by
>> MS, using
>> non-ASCII chars.

Awesome! at least now we know what it is.

Note: I changed the way firefox looks up its own location on disk, I
don't know if I fixed it or not... I'll try to add a few non-ascii chars
in the firefox extension and see how that works on the new code.

>> Hope, it'll help you a bit at least.

Most definately, now we know what to look for! Thanks much!

>> When fixed, I'm going to localize
>> the Piggy bank, if you guys
>> approve it, of course.

Patches are always welcome :-)