Re: [update] piggybank performance profiling

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:36:38 -0400

On Sep 8, 2005, at 9:48 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> David R. Karger wrote:
>
>> stefano, if you don't want to wait for a fix to the db, you might
>> solve the problem by storing each predicate in both directions and
>> having your interface swap the query to the fast direction if it is
>> backwards.
>>

> Yes, I thought of that. But I think if both Vineet and us need hit
> this wall, maybe it's time to not work around it and fix it.
>
> BTW, with the latest fixes to the cache, PB performance is now
> acceptable after a little caching happens (say a few pages get
> loaded and the JVM hotspot starts optimizing for real).
>
> So, if we get the OP-index in place before the release great, if
> not, well, we'll do it in the next one.

I think the latest build, coupled with the firefox 1.5b1 is a
substantive improvement in stability, functionality and performance.
Well done!

My take on this is Vineet's OP-index work, and fresnel display be
incorporated into the subsequent release.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/