[status] weekly report

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:30:51 -0700

Things I have done last week:

- tried to add the pig toolbar icon automatically upon installation, but
ran into serious bugs in firefox 1.0 that made the entire browser
unstable and didn't want to spend too much time on it. Resorted in
opening the customize

- made the mime content handlers work. on firefox 1.0 both
"application/rdf+xml" and "text/rdf+n3" work, on firefox 1.1 and later,
only "text/rdf+n3" works because "application/rdf+xml" is captured by
the browser and cannot be overloaded by an extension. Filed a bug report
on the bugzilla tree but had no reply whatsoever.

- fixed the welcome dialog for a mac (that felt like it was stuck) and
couldn't find a way to get that working so I routed around it

- wrote the troubleshooting page

- migrated longwell2 to use the latest sesame (1.2.2)

- found a way to use xpcom components to check for the availability of
the socket port that PB wants to use so that we can check for its
availability wizard check

Things I'll do this week:

- make sure the welcome wizard works well on all platforms

- try to make the data injection for the first installation faster

- understand what ontologies we should ship and what are not really that
useful

- prepare a 'release candidate' and ask for beta testers, especially on
linux which we don't use that much overhere

- ship the baby