Re: N3 syntax

From: Alf Eaton <lists_at_hubmed.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:40:20 +0200

On 26 Sep 2005, at 21:41, Ryan Lee wrote:

> Alf Eaton wrote:
>
>> I haven't dealt much with N3 syntax before, but is there an
>> obvious reason why Piggy Bank doesn't find any typed data from the
>> following example (served as a separate file at <http://
>> hublog.hubmed.org/archives/001212.n3>)?:
>>

> Piggy Bank technically only does Turtle, not full N3. You use the
> Python-esque triple quote for a string in your file, which, as far
> as I understand, is not part of Turtle's syntax. This Java
> exception is thrown when I try to view the data in PB:
>
> Fatal error: Expected '.', found '"' at http://hublog.hubmed.org/
> archives/001212.n3 [9,-1]
>
> Keep an eye on the Java error log, that usually helps in
> understanding a situation.

Thanks for the Java Console hint, that's useful. In this case I'm not
sure the file is actually invalid though: the Turtle doc at http://
www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/ uses triple quotes in one of its
examples (<http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/example3.ttl>), which
Piggy Bank also fails to import, with the same error message.

alf.