RE: Sesame vs. Jena?

From: Shashi Kant <skant_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:36:52 -0400

This question got me thinking as to why one need either Jena or Sesame in a
SemWeb world. They are after all a frameworks for working with RDF data. Is
there another way to achieve what Jena or Sesame do without the overheads?

Has anyone looked at the possibility of using an Object oriented databases
or ORMS (Object-Relational Mapping) which would presumably remove the need
for parsers and RDF querying mechanisms. The data are persisted in the form
of graphs natively, therefore querying would be like querying an Object
array from the language of your choice (Java, C#,..).

I guess, my question is, is there a way of working with RDF data without
using either Sesame or Jena?

(note: I am assuming reasoning is something that can be plugged into an OODB
just as you can with Jena/Sesame)