getSelection in a screenscraper

From: Alf Eaton <lists_at_hubmed.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:07:15 -0400

I'm trying to use window.getSelection() in a screenscraper, in order
to import selected text into Piggy Bank, but I'm having trouble
getting it to work.

I can run
alert(window.getSelection().toString());
in a javascript shell and it works fine,
but if I do the same thing in a Piggy Bank scraper it shows up blank.

My guess is that's it's something to do with the new XPCNativeWrapper
(this is Firefox 1.5b2) ... in Greasemonkey I'd use
unsafeWindow.getSelection(), but I'm not sure what the equivalent is
in Piggy Bank (I tried unsafeWin, but it was undefined).

alf.