RE: Public wiki?

From: Tansley, Robert <robert.tansley_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:36:12 -0500

Ryan, how do the 'blacklist' pages work? What we did for the DSpace
Wiki (which uses the same s/w and runs on the same machine) is create a
'registered user' page, and only users whose name are on this page can
edit anything. So anyone can sign up, but we have to manually add them
to that page before they can edit anything. I viewed this as a last
resort, but necessary because our Wiki was getting trashed by some sort
of bot thing several times a day. If the blacklist thing offers an
alternative I'd love to try it out.

(I'm probably missing the bleedin' obvious, feel free to say 'RTFM' if
appropriate)

Rob