Infer FOAF worksWith from another resource?

From: Oliver Cole <olivercole_at_f2s.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:23:54 +0000

Hi!

I've recently got back into Piggy Bank now that I've got Firefox 1.5.0,
and I also discovered Solvent. The idea behind Solvent is so cool that I
almost regret submitting the first bug on the project :(

Inspired by something I saw last time I used Piggy Bank, I wanted to
write a screen scraper for UKC faculty... turning pages on:

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/index.html

into FOAF.

UKC also has the module web pages... unfortunately the external view has
virtually no useful information, which may prove to be a practical
problem later. Anyway, take a look:

http://www.onesteprevolution.com/temp/CO522.png

The three staff links at the top all link to the same people pages that
are linked to from above, and hence, once I've finished my people page
-> FOAF scraper, I wondered if it was possible to begin inferring
http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/worksWith from the module web pages?

Or do I have the wrong idea?

Regards,

Oliver Cole