Re: java callbackks

From: Andrew Harrison <a.b.harrison_at_cs.cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:28:01 +0000

Thanks both. I've been looking at the java extension of the mozilla
tree (Javaconnect). In theory one can invoke an xpcom component from
Java using this (via JNI). So my java class would invoke the
component, and other components would implement nsIObserver to
receive messages. But at the moment Firefox crashes (actually the
hotspot dynamic library crashes) when it comes to the invocation. Not
sure why at the moment. It might go on the back burner for a bit. I
can probably push the notification functionality I need back into the
Java side.

cheers,

Andrew