[heads up] simile web site updated and project roadmap added

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:40:29 -0500

I've done a few things to the web site:

  1) added the mellon proposal to the web site and linked to it from the
front page by adding a "project roadmap" link. This is the roadmap of
deliverables that the Mellon Foundation funded for the next 2 years and
should give you a rough idea and timeline on what we are doing and when.

  2) cleaned up the logo and the stata center picture (having a new
laptop with a better monitor made those ugly antialiasing artifacts
intollerable to my very picky eye)

  3) tried to fix the fact that firefox 1.5 believes that "background
bottom" of <body> means "bottom of rendered HTML" instead of "bottom of
the browser window" which is what firefox 1.0 and IE believed. Adding
height: 100% to the html CSS selector helps only if the page is always
very small. If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this, I'll be
more than happy to try it out.