[status] weekly report

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 09:21:35 -0700

last week:

  - did extensive profiling (both performance and memory consumption) of
longwell with the help of viewkit (thanks much to them for the free
license we got, their product is truly useful)

  - redesigned the longwell's cache system to use a centralized and
garbage collected cache system (I've used Phil Jacob's very efficient
Whilrycache) [which was later turned and fixed by David!]

  as a result of the joint work of David, Ryan and I, Longwell is now
running on top of Sesame2, it has no more memory leaks and it's also
more efficient and generates less garbage at runtime.

this week:

  - continue the work on solidifying longwell (turn it into a real
webapp) and improve its perceived performance, especially with very
large datasets.

Digital Libraries Research Group                 Research Scientist
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E25-131, 77 Massachusetts Ave               skype: stefanomazzocchi
Cambridge, MA  02139-4307, USA         email: stefanom at mit . edu