Exhibit » Examples
- MIT-related Nobel Prize Winners
- US Presidents
- CSAIL Principal Investigators
- Exhibit Logos - going meta :)
- Topher's Breakfast Cereal Characters
Examples from Simile and Friends
- Israeli Folk Dance Videos
- Mike Bergman's Sweet Tools - about 500 semantic Web and -related tools
- Zepheira publications
- Pawel's reading list
- Integrated Library System Chooser
- Conflict Barometer 2006
- WWW2007 conference proceedings
- Presidential Candidates 2008 and the stances they take on popular issues
- All mayors from 98 municipalities of Denmark (Danish)
- A danish survey from the company Cision show the 99 most popular danish blogs. But how was the rank among these 99 blogs if Technorati and Google PageRank also was consider?. This danish Exhibit example show this. There can also been seen the numbers among gender (køn kvinde=woman, mand=man, gruppeblog=groupblog)and web platform the blogs are running on.
- Danish monthly weather records since 1874. Data loaded from a Google Spreadsheet
- 166 standard placemark icons from Google Earth 4.2.(text in danish) - Data loaded from a Google Spreadsheet
- Largest cities in Spain Map and table about cities with more than 50000 inhabitants
- Most polluted cities in Spain
- Denmark having an election November 13th 2007. This mash up shows how many voters (danish: "Antal stemmeberettigede") there can be found in each 98 municipalities of Denmark on a Google Map. The total numbers of citizens in each 98 municipalities can also befound. The voting age is 18 in Denmark.
- Danish elections since 1945 (in Danish)
- Life expectancy in each 98 municipalities of Denmark (in Danish)
- In which danish municipalities does an average family have most money left, when the ordinary monthly living expense is paid. Note: the currency is DDK (danish krone)- One US$ is 5.05 DDK (Danish krone) Rang lowest number is best (in danish).
- Genealogy pedigrees, maps, and timelines at WeRelate.org. Here is an example page. I made a few extensions to Exhibit to get this to work the way I wanted.
- The Grateful Dead Timeline Project at Setbreak.com - Listen to more than 1500 soundboard recordings from the Dead Vault at archive.org
- The rate of unemployment in each danish 98 municipalities. Showing the rate for men, women and total. The data and numbers is publish 2008-01-31 by the Statistics Denmark (in Danish).
- Prices and Earnings in 70 cities world wide (in danish). A mash up based on a raport from the UBS Wealth Management Research(PDF) March 2008.
- 98 highest CO2 Emitting Power Plants in Denmark(in Danish). Data comes from CARMA (Carbon Monitoring for Action)
- Mathematical Tourism - A mathematical journey around the world. Places with a mathematical historic interest.
- Dario Izzo's web site ... CV, Publications, Projects, Talks etc... The whole CMS (Content Managment System) of a small web site of a European Space Agency's researcher. Data are loaded from google spreadsheet
- Constitutions both US and international
- Chembank query results
- Gene Mutations
- The Elements, demonstrating use of the slider facet
- Haystack Group's Publications
- European Space Agency Advanced Concepts Team publication page The publication page of a team of researchers at the European Space Agency (breaks in IE)
See Also: How to make a publications exhibit
Examples in the Wild
- Sports cars with photos (BREAKS IN IE)
- Exhibit with the Timeline view being used as a gene map
- Roadworks in Portugal
- Yummy recipes
- The Revolutionary War
- Army cavalry officers
- Breweries and Distilleries in Ontario 1914 - 1915
- Conference speakers
- 1871 tavern keepers in Huron county
- Dogs (BREAKS IN IE)
- Foreclosures in San Fransisco Chronicle
- Double Dippers in the St Petersburg Times
- FDIC ratings at the St. Petersburg Times
- Teacher Bonuses in the St. Petersburg Times
- World Atlas of Language Structures
- Epispider epidemic reports
- Cases at the European Court for Human Rights
- A sculptor's portfolio (BREAKS IN IE)
- 6th grade history
- gene expression data
- Beethoven Timeline
- Caves in Europe
- Global youth service day
- High School Jewish History
- Jewish literacy terms
- Web-based tools for Jewish studies
- Online resources for studying conversion to Judaism
- Broadway Shows
- Drupal for Liberty showcase
- Live bus data for Columbus, Ohio, USA also for iPhone / iPod Touch
Things that Would Make Cool Exhibits
... but are not yet exhibits.
- Ancient pottery discoveries
- Push Puppets
- Turkey Craft-O-Matic, etc.
- Sugar packets
- Periodic Table of ComicBooks
- Freeze Dried Noodles, as a service to students!
- Wireless internet at airports
- Mutopia's free musical notation / midi files
- List of device bandwidths
Examples that used to work
- The International Phonetic Alphabet
- Conference tutorials
- Radio albums
- Wikilogitek - Cool Software List- A list of cool softwares (Wikilogitek) which are added from a Google Spreadsheet
- Use of svn:externals in the SIMILE Subversion repository; you may be able to use this in your own repository as well
- Wikipedia Persons Born in London as an example of the broader dbpedia 'Querying Wikipedia like a Database' project
- David Huynh's reading list
- David Huynh's movie list, data loaded from a Google Spreadsheet
- Literature History by PublicLiterature.org
- Top 100 Bay Area restaurants ( Google Spreadsheet Version )
- Steve Dunham's recipes via google base
- Mr. Chomsky's reading list
- Pakistan Development Portal Using Exhibit to browse database of development aid projects in Pakistan
- Roman Coin Mints Alphabetical and geographical exhibit of ancient roman coin mints
- Faculty Salaries -- University of Michigan faculty salaries by school and department.
- Study of the 104 Nobel Prize Laureates in Literature from 1907 to 2007 - completed as part of a visualization project for grad school. Data pulled from nobelprize.org and wikipedia.org.
- Google map based GIS application. A real example of a GIS solution for a Spanish administration.
Folks at Work
For each example, click on the link here, and then click on the "See also" link.
Do you think that items on this page are out of date? You can clean its cache to manually update all dynamic parts to the latest data from the wiki.