This scraper scrapes contacts from http://linkedin.com. Run it on "My profile" page to crape all your 2nd degree network (evreybody up to friends' friends).
Currently it scrapes:
- foaf:name (contact name)
- foaf:homepage (LinkedIn public profile page)
- foaf:knows (links from one person to another)
- verify if it scrapes also all '1st degree' contacts when they are paginated
- coordinates for contact's country
- more profile info to foaf - affiliation from experience, see also from web pages,...
This scraper is a multi page scraper. Scraping can take very very long depending on your 2nd degree network size. Scraping Additional Pages progress bar does not show the progress well - other pages are being added during scraping so it moves forwards and backwards all the time.
Formal Semantic Description
- creator: creator:=Václav Synáček (User:Jajis)
- match: "pb:url pattern:=^http://www\.linkedin\.com/myprofile.*"
- generates: pb:generates:=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person
- directions: pb:directionsLink:=http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/LinkedIn_Scraper
- directions: pb:directions:=Visit your "My profile" page at http://linkedin.com, click the coin and get info of all contacts in your 2nd degree network.
- disclaimer: pb:disclaimer:=This software is provided 'as-is' with no expressed or implied warranty of any kind. Users of this software take all responsibility for the accuracy (or lack thereof) of any results obtained through its use.