This script maybe used to collect minimial information about the folks you have declared to be your friends at Orkut. To use:
You may review and edit the Orkut Friends Scraper Script.
Warning: always take great care when working with personal data to assure the privacy of the parties involved.
This currently scraps your friend's name, thumbnail image, and email address into a foaf:person instance. For example you might get an item like this:
<http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=9999999999999999999> a foaf:Person; dc:title "Foaf person: John Smith"; foaf:name "John Smith"; foaf:mbox <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>; geo:address """San Francisco, CA""" ; foaf:depiction <http://images3.orkut.com/images/small/999/9999.jpg> .
- Don't grab depiction when the image is "no picture".
- Recurse into the friend's profile page and scrape yet more data.
Formal Semantic Markup
- creator: creator:=Ben Hyde
- match: "pb:url pattern:=^http://www\.orkut\.com/Friends\.aspx$"
- generates: pb:generates:=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person
- directions: pb:directions:=Login to Orkut at http://www.orkut.com and visit the friends page at http://www.orkut.com/Friends.aspx
- directions: pb:directionsLink:=http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Orkut_Friends_Scraper
- disclaimer: pb:disclaimer:=This software is provided 'as-is' with no expressed or implied warranty of any kind. Users of this software take all responsibility for the accuracy (or lack thereof) of any results obtained through its use.