Wiki Table Editor Overview
The Wiki Table Editor is an extension for Exhibit that allows you to edit a wikitext table using an actual table format. In this way, you will not need to learn the wikitext syntax for tables.
How to Use
Then drag "Wiki Table Editor" to your browser's bookmark toolbar to make a bookmarklet. Then whenever you're editing a wiki page, click that bookmarklet to get the Edit/Insert Table buttons after all the wiki editing tool buttons.
To edit a table, put your cursor in the middle of the desired table and click on the Edit Table button. To insert a table, put your cursor at the place in which you want your new table to start and click on the Insert Table button.
- Augment the toolbar
- Undo and Redo for actions involving whole rows, whole columns, or pasting
- Paste tab-separated values
- Change style for the table, rows, columns, or cells. See more here.
- Cell editing UI
- Click on a cell to edit
- If cell value is a URL of an image, a 100px by 100px thumbnail of the image will appear in the cell
- Add column (to the beginning, to the end)
- Insert column before or after currently focused column
- Remove column
- Reorder columns (move right, move left)
- Add row (to the top, to the bottom)
- Insert row before or after currently focused row
- Remove row
- Reorder columns (move right, move left, move to start, move to end)
- Automatically generate Google Maps lat/lng coordinates for the currently focused column
- Splitting or merging cells is not supported
- Cannot move to different cells using any keys ( e.g. up, down, right, left, tab)
- Cannot undo/redo edits made to specific cells
- Cannot undo/redo formatting edits
- Formatting is not displayed in editing table UI
- Image links written in wikitext syntax involving the pipe symbol are not supported( e.g. [[Image:name.gif|caption]] )