diacritics

From: marlène delhaye <marlene.delhaye_at_univ-cezanne.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:38:44 -0500

Hello,

I recently found Citeline, it's a great tool and exactly what I was looking
for to help one of our small library put online the references that are
actually entered manually in Refworks : the librarian wishes to make them
available for everyone, not just the people accessing the library (1
computer !).
The references consist in either chapters of books, with a different author
for each chapter, or "stand alone" articles published in common by several
authors. These information is very precious for the researchers and the
advanced students, and also very difficult to find, since in our library
system, it's the whole book that gets catalogued, not the individual
articles or chapters.
So, I've been looking for a while for a tool to promote this work done by
the librarian, and I think Citeline could be a very good solution.
My problems are that the references are in french, that BibTeX doesn't
suppot diacritics very well, and that I'm not tech-savy enough to use and
run the conversion tool you propose in the FAQ ('recode') ...
I'm wondering if there's somewhere an online tool that would perform this
kind of conversion ?
On a side note, I don't understand why the references from journals
articles appear more complete than the book sections' ones (the page
numbers etc don't display on my refs). I tried to change the page style,
but it's roughly the same, in termes of what is displayed or not (or I
missed something).

Do you have any idea or suggestion to propose for these matters ? I would
really like to use this great tool, and I'm a bit disappointed ;-)
Many thanks for your help anyway,

Best regards,

Marlène Delhaye
Documentation électronique - E-resources librarian
Service Commun de Documentation - University Libraries
Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille 3
3 Avenue Robert Schuman
13626 Aix-en-Provence cedex
FRANCE