Re: diacritics

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:50:59 -0500

Hello Marlène,

I completely understand your frustration with the poor support for
diacritics, etc., in this process. But the source of the problem is
really with the poor data transfer standard (i.e. bibtex) and with the
RefWorks export options. RefWorks only supports bibtex or its own,
proprietary export formats, so we can only offer to support bibtex. And
as you say, bibtex doesn't work very well for non-English data. To fix
the data you don't have to use tools like "recode", you could edit your
bibliography by hand before you upload it to Citeline, but I realize
that would be a lot of work for you! I hope that someday that we can
spend more time on this problem, since we also have a lot of non-English
names, but unfortunately we lack the resources to do anything about it
now. I do apologize.

Thanks for trying Citeline,

MacKenzie

--