Faceted Browser for Books

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:13:04 -0400

I was cleaning up my disk today and I found a few notes that I took in
Creete at the CIDOC CRM workshop where Tony Gill told me to take a look at

   http://www.redlightgreen.com/

for a source of tons of MARC records.

Now, the interesting thing for us (and I'm sure MacKenzie appreciates)
is that they are using faceted browsing for the resultsets.

Their user interface is not as advanced as ours (did I mention today
that I hate popup windows?) but they do, just like us, progressive
reduction of the facets on the resultsets.

Their facet-bar is on the left, it would be very interesting to do
usability tests and see if facets are better on the right or on the left.

Anyway, nice to see somebody doing something in production with this.