paper on OWL performance

From: Butler, Mark H (Labs Bristol) <"Butler,>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:13:43 +0100

Hi,

You may have seen this already, but it not take a look, its tries to
achieve a similar goal to Ryan's report.

Abstract. In this paper, we present an evaluation of four knowledge base
systems
(KBS) with respect to use in large OWL applications. To our knowledge,
no experiment has been done with the scale of data used here. The
smallest
dataset used consists of 15 OWL files totaling 8MB, while the largest
dataset
consists of 999 files totaling 583MB. We evaluated two memory-based
systems
(OWLJessKB and memory-based Sesame) and two systems with persistent
storage
(database-based Sesame and DLDB-OWL). We describe how we have performed
the evaluation and what factors we have considered in it. We show the
results of the experiment and discuss the performance of each system. In
particular,
we have concluded that existing systems need to place a greater emphasis
on scalability.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~yug2/iswc2004-benchmark.PDF

Mark