Re: An adaptation of Longwell

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:43:07 -0800

David Huynh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> From David Karger's suggestion, I've adapted Longwell to serve as the
> browsing interface for RDF data collected through my Mozilla Firefox
> extension. This adaptation might be of use to someone else, too, for the
> following changes:
>
> 1. Several "facades" are supported simultaneously for browsing data
> coming from more than one ontology. A facade is a configuration for
> browsing, including a set of facets, a set of properties to index, a set
> of classes to display, a set of views. From this definition, each
> Longwell server currently has one facade only.

nice!

> 2. Facet values can be literals. (This might help with Steve Hughes'
> problem as documented in the thread "Data discussion".)

way cool!

> 3. There is support for browsing all terms indexed by Lucene (in
> addition to free text search).

yeah, this could be useful.

> 4. There is support for sorting the search results.

oh, cool

> 5. Data can be added on the fly to the corpus by just browsing Firefox
> to RDF/XML or N3 data files, or to webpages that link to such files.

outstanding!

> To customize this extension so that it understands one's own ontology,
> modify the config.n3 file in this directory:
>
> [drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user id]\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile id]\piggy-bank\system

David, I really like everything you mentioned... but I think you forgot
to tell us where to find it :-)

Ah, if you want to commit it directly to the svn tree, I'll be glad to
give you commit access.

Thanks much for your effort, it's very appreciated!