An adaptation of Longwell

From: David Huynh <dfhuynh_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:29:56 -0500

Dear all,

 From David Karger's suggestion, I've adapted Longwell to serve as the
browsing interface for RDF data collected through my Mozilla Firefox
extension. This adaptation might be of use to someone else, too, for the
following changes:

1. Several "facades" are supported simultaneously for browsing data
coming from more than one ontology. A facade is a configuration for
browsing, including a set of facets, a set of properties to index, a set
of classes to display, a set of views. From this definition, each
Longwell server currently has one facade only.

2. Facet values can be literals. (This might help with Steve Hughes'
problem as documented in the thread "Data discussion".)

3. There is support for browsing all terms indexed by Lucene (in
addition to free text search).

4. There is support for sorting the search results.

5. Data can be added on the fly to the corpus by just browsing Firefox
to RDF/XML or N3 data files, or to webpages that link to such files.

To customize this extension so that it understands one's own ontology,
modify the config.n3 file in this directory:

[drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user id]\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile id]\piggy-bank\system

Best,

David Huynh