Re: Piggy-Bank feedback

From: Lyle Johnson <lyle.johnson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:04:40 -0600

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:56:19 -0500, DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO)
<bob.ducharme_at_lexisnexis.com> wrote:

> My guess based on a bit of experimenting: Piggy-Bank looks for link elements
> in a web page's head element that have a _at_type value of
> "application/rss+xml" or "application/rdf+xml" and loads the triples that it
> finds in the resource identified by the _at_href attribute.

That's what I'd concluded too (see
http://lylejohnson.name/blog/2005/01/browsing-semantic-web-with-piggy-bank.html).
It's a good start, but I hope that there will be some more development
of this; I was a little disappointed when I visited your rdfdata.org
site yesterday and was told that it contained no information tidbits.
;)

> You might want to start a Wiki page or something where people can add URLs
> of web pages that have metadata that looks good in Piggy-Bank, and then you
> could add that Wiki to the list of three links on the "This webpage contains
> no information tidbits that can be saved" default sidebar.

Good suggestion.