Re: installation on osX

From: Jeffrey Hau <jh398_at_doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:05:21 +0000

On 3 Feb 2005, at 13:45, David Huynh wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Yes, piggy-bank does work on OSX. I'd suggest:
>
> 1. Make sure that you have JRE 1.4.2 or later.
> 2. Install the Java Embedding Plugin for OSX from
> http://javaplugin.sourceforge.net/. Installing the JRE alone isn't
> enough.
>
> If you want to remove piggy-bank, try starting Firefox in Safe Mode,
> which doesn't load any extension but still allows you to remove any
> extension.
Hi David,
Thanks very much for the reply. After installing the embedding plugin,
piggybank seems to have been installed. However when i try to open the
piggbank sidebar by clicking tools -> My piggy bank, a page appears
with the URL http://127.0.0.1:1978/piggy-bank, without the sidebar. Do
you know how can i make the side bar appear?

thanks

Jeff