Re: Piggy-Bank Enabled-Website logo vs RDF logo

From: Jan Egil Kristiansen <janegil_at_landsbank.fo>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:02:15 +0000

At 15.31 08-02-2005, you wrote:
>What to you think about having a "Piggy-Bank Enabled-Website" logo, like the
>XHTML compliant website logo, that people could put on their sites in order
>to indicate, that it might be a good idea to use Piggy-Bank while browsing.

I don't quite like the idea of logos for specific tools. That's too much
like "Best with Internet Explorer".

I'd rather put an "RDF" logo on my page, to indicate that Piggy Bank or
whatever can find RDF data. Except that Piggy Bank doesn't use an RDF with
the common rdf:Description elements.

Two possible solutions to that:
    * Introduce "typed RDF" or some other general property of the RDFs that
Piggy Bank can handle, and introduce a logo for that.
    * Make Piggy Bank do something useful with any RDF.
I don't know the architecture of Firefox plugs, but if Piggy Bank could
hide its sidebar whenever no data was found, and show it when it found
something? (But it is probably too much of a performance hog to keep it on
at all times. To me, it seems to take quite some time, just to figure out
that there is no RDF link in the page.)

Jan Egil Kristiansen