Piggy Bank not working

From: Gavin Fleming <GFleming_at_csir.co.za>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:51:56 +0200

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with some Piggy Bank problems.

I installed the Piggy Bank extension onto Firefox 1.0 running on SuSE
9.1, with JRE 1.4.2 plugin.
The sidebar works and it appears to intercept each page as it loads.

Even after Piggy Bank has found RDF content on a page it doesn't serve
up any results. I view the 'my piggybank' page and all the links are
inactive.

I press Save all, it says all content saved (this example from the FOAF
page), but still my piggy bank is empty...?
As I load more tabbed pages Firefox gets slower and slower and I have
to kill Piggybank.

These are some of the errors I've picked up in the javascript console
(how does one open a java console in Firefox on SuSE)?

TypeError [chrome://piggy-bank/content/data-loader.js,94]:
  message: dataNoDataDeck has no properties

TypeError [chrome://piggy-bank/content/sidebar.js,78]:
  message: dataLoader has no properties

Error: showAd is not defined
Source File: http://novaspivack.typepad.com/
Line: 163

NS_ERROR_FAILURE [undefined,0]:
  message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMXULElement.boxObject]

Security Error: Content at http://www.geosimulation.org/ may not load
or link to
file:///C%7C/Windows/WINDOWS/Desktop/Fireworks%20rollovers/fire_circle_r1_c1_f2.gif.

Error: can't convert Error to string

Piggy Bank worked briefly for one spell in the middle of all this - it
looks great and I'd like to use it more...

Gavin Fleming
CSIR
South Africa