RE: Piggy Bank not working

From: Cayzer, Stephen Andrew <steve.cayzer_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:52:04 -0000

First posting, so sorry if I get some details wrong.
I'm attempting to post a follow up to this thread:

http://simile.mit.edu/mail/ReadMsg?listName=General&msgNo=273

Details below [1].

I get the same error as Gavin, namely
> Even after Piggy Bank has found RDF content on a page it doesn't serve

> up any results. I view the 'my piggybank' page and all the links are
> inactive.

I had to install a plugin to get the Java Console working on Firefox -
see

http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/javaconsole/

Once that was working I got this error:

28657 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR
edu.mit.csail.haystack.prisma.DataModelProfile -
29658 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR
edu.mit.csail.haystack.prisma.DataModelProfile -

Proxy problems? Or something else?

Please copy me in on any reply

Many thanks

Steve Cayzer

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/mail/ReadMsg?listName=General&msgNo=273

Gavin Fleming wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with some Piggy Bank problems.
>
> I installed the Piggy Bank extension onto Firefox 1.0 running on SuSE
> 9.1, with JRE 1.4.2 plugin.
>
> The sidebar works and it appears to intercept each page as it loads.
>
> Even after Piggy Bank has found RDF content on a page it doesn't serve

> up any results. I view the 'my piggybank' page and all the links are
> inactive.
>
> I press Save all, it says all content saved (this example from the
> FOAF page), but still my piggy bank is empty...?
>
> As I load more tabbed pages Firefox gets slower and slower and I have
> to kill Piggybank.
>
> These are some of the errors I've picked up in the javascript console
> (how does one open a java console in Firefox on SuSE)?

> TypeError [chrome://piggy-bank/content/data-loader.js,94]:
> message: dataNoDataDeck has no properties
>
> TypeError [chrome://piggy-bank/content/sidebar.js,78]:
> message: dataLoader has no properties
>
> Error: showAd is not defined
> Source File: http://novaspivack.typepad.com/
> Line: 163
>
> NS_ERROR_FAILURE [undefined,0]:
> message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMXULElement.boxObject]
>
> Security Error: Content at http://www.geosimulation.org/ may not load
> or link to

file:///C%7C/Windows/WINDOWS/Desktop/Fireworks%20rollovers/fire_circle_r
1_c1_f2.gif.