Re: Updated Fresnel Ontologies and Examples - internationalization

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:55:52 +0100

David Huynh wrote:

> Another note about lists: People might need a convenient way to display
> only the top X items and provide a link to the rest, or a way to show
> all items at once:
>
> A knows B, C, D, and [37 more people]
>
> The truncation might not be specified as a number (3 as above), but
> might depend on the screenspace available (e.g., "show however many
> items that fits on at most 2 lines"). Yup, it's a tough one :-) but I'm
> very certain that it's needed.

"show however many items that fits on at most 2 lines": how would you
say that in HTML+CSS ? If think you can't. Adding to this that we do not
make any assumption on the output format (HTML+CSS, SVG, PDF, Java2D,
etc.), it seems difficult to support this kind of display property.

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66