Re: toString and fresnel

From: Chris Bizer <bizer_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:30:46 -0500

Hi Eric and all,

We are having the concept of labelLenses in Fresnel for handling this case.

Quote from the Fresnel manual I'm currently writing:
http://simile.mit.edu/repository/fresnel/trunk/docs/manual/FresnelVocabulary.htm

A :labelLens provides a short human-understandable label for an instance of a specific class. Browser in the need of labelling a instance (see fresnel:label in the core style vocabulary) should implement the following behaviour:

1. Look for a labelLens for the specific class.
2. If no label lens is found, display rdfs:label value.
3. If no rdfs:label is found, display dc:title value.
4. If no dc:title is found, display the URI of the resource.

Example: LabelLens for the class foaf:Person specifying that the person's name should be used as label:

:foafPersonLabelLens rdf:type fresnel:ClassLens ;
                     fresnel:purpose fresnel:labelLens ;
                     fresnel:lensDomain foaf:Person ;
                     fresnel:showProperties foaf:name .

Chris