Re: toString and fresnel

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:36:46 -0500

On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:21 AM, David Huynh wrote:

(snip)

> - failing even that, if the resource is anonymous, it displays
> "(anonymous item)"; otherwise, it attempts to abbreviate the URI by
> taking the suffix of the URI following either "#" or "/". In fact,
> this is how you are seeing the labels for most properties in LW/PB/SB
> 2.0 in the absence of the appropriate ontologies... and you haven't
> complained about them yet ;-)

:) I'm not complaining! On the contrary... please take all of these
pokes as an indication how much I'm loving this stuff! :)

Quick question... any chance of being able to find out which are the
properties that fall under the category of 'attempts to abbreviate the
URI by taking the suffix of the URI following either "#" or "/".'?

Making this information available I think would be helpful in
encouraging folks to declare concepts *with human readable lables*! :)

> I like David Karger's suggestion of "unnamed <rdfs:Class of
> resource>". That's definitely more helpful than "(anonymous item)".
> I'll make the change.

excellent. thanks!

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/