Re: Tyro's efforts with Longwell 1.1.

From: Jon Crump <jjcrump_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

Ryan,

It's alive! Thanks so much for your help. I was beating my head against
the wall needlessly. Something (who knows what) had gotten corrupted in my
distribution and a fresh copy did indeed render my test file (and all its
flaws!); huzzah!

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Ryan Lee wrote:

> I loaded your data without modification into Longwell 1.1, freshly
> down-loaded from the SIMILE distributions, and it worked. Perhaps if
> you start over using a fresh copy? Build any arbitrary bundle; empty
> the non-ontologies data and put content.rdf in webapp/WEB-INF/data, and
> place config.n3 in webapp/WEB-INF
>
> Some things to clean up:

As you say, there's quite a bit to clean up and I'll have to do some
thinking about how I want the rdf to be structured and what sorts of
ontologies are appropriate to my data. But now that the thing works I'll
be able to experiment.

Your clarifications of Mark Butler's message were invaluable in helping me
get my head around RDF.

J.J. Crump
Dept. of History 353560
University of Washington