Re: TriQL.P in PiggyBank

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:16:36 -0400

Tobias Gauß wrote:
> Hi all,
> my name is Tobias Gauss and I work at the Freie Universität Berlin for
> Chris
> Bizer. Currently I’m trying to integrate the TriQL.P trust architecture
> (http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/TriQLP/) developed by Chris and
> Richard Cyganiak into Piggybank/Longwell.

Awesome.

> In your new version of Longwell you are using Sesame instead of Jena.

Correct.

> Our trust architecture uses Jena and
> exposes the Jena graph interface to the application layer (Longwell).
> I’m now looking for the best way to integrate this graph into Longwell
> pretending to be a Sesame repository.

Ok

> My approach would be to write a new
> connector with an underlying Jena graph in a MySQL database.

uh? do you want to ship mysql along with piggy-bank? I don't understand.

> I also would
> use a kind of filterclass which filters the data depending on the selected
> trust policy and converts the trusted data to a Sesame repository. I’m not
> sure about this approach and hope to get any comments on this.

Before we talk about implementation details, can you tell us more about
the usecases and scenarios you think this functionality could be useful?

I mean, 'trust' is such a big and subjective concept and I would like to
know what *you* mean by this.

When Chris visited us, he mentioned this work, but still I think it
would be good to start a conversation here in public so that everybody
can participate.

Anyway, thanks very much for your interest.