Re: TriQL.P in PiggyBank

From: Phil Archer <phil.archer_at_icra.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:40:18 +0100

Chris's work on Trust is the kind of thing that gets the attention of policy
makers.

I'm involved (heavily) in a project called Quatro which is the end result of
a desire by the European Parliament to see the widespread take up of what
they call quality labels, what we might call trustmarks.

At present, trustmarks (like Truste, BBBOnline etc.) don't make any use of
machine-understandable data. A reviewed site is allowed to include a logo
that hyperlinks to the trustmark scheme's database. A user clicking the logo
sees an HTML page. Quatro aims to do two things in this area:

1. Define a royalty-free vocabulary that can be used by any trust mark
scheme (they all look for things like a contact route, secure payments
system etc.)
2. Define a platform for carrying the data - which is where RDF Content
Labels come in

Our project partners include a general trustmark scheme [1] and a medical
trustmark scheme [2] so with those 2 and ICRA we should have at least 3
Content Label within a few months.

But - how do you trust the label? That's where the Berlin work really comes
into its own and why Piggy Bank/Longwell is so interesting.

The most concisely written explanation of the Quatro project as a whole is
given in the paper I've just submitted to DC2005 [3]

Phil.

[1] http://www.iqua.net
[2] http://wma.comb.es/
[3] http://www.icra.org/diary/DC2005/quatro_position_paper.html