Re: AW: AW: Considerations on RDF presentation

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 12:40:05 -0400

Chris Bizer wrote:
> No direct benefit for <inter:uri>, but a benefit for <inter:type> because
> you can have several <inter:type> elements but only one type="" attribute.
> And as I had to model type that way, I also modelled URI that way.

I'm not sure if you intended it to sound this way, but it does sound
like your 'type' is inteded to list every single type of a resource
(apologies if that wasn't your intent). I think it's worthwhile to draw
a distinction between the type(s) that was (were) used to determine the
lens and all the other types. So instead of, say, listing foaf:Person
and ex:Researcher because they're both types for a resource, as below:

<inter:Resource>
  <inter:type>http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person</inter:type>
  <inter:type>http://example.org/#Researcher</inter:type>
</inter:Resource>

one would get this instead:

<inter:Resource>
  <inter:type>http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person</inter:type>
  <inter:Property>
   <inter:uri>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type</inter:uri>
   <inter:value>
    <inter:Resource>
     <inter:uri>http://example.org/#Researcher</inter:uri>
    </inter:Resource>
   </inter:value>
  </inter:Property>
</inter:Resource>

because a foaf:Person-based lens was used.

There would be no inter:type if the type wasn't used in determining the
lens.

I'm not sure how useful that constraint is in the face of the more
advanced selectors...

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327