Re: Firefox 1.1

From: Brian King <brian_at_mozdev.org>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:19:51 +0200

Alf Eaton wrote:
> I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but I just joined the
> list and coudn't find it in the archives.
>
> It seems that Piggy Bank can't be installed when using the "candidate
> builds for what will become Firefox 1.1" - specifically these ones:
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/008197.html
> I imagine this will apply to Firefox 1.1 as well.
>
> The problem is the version string. It needs to be something like 2.0.3
> (perhaps even 1.9.20050523 would work?).

http://simile.mit.edu/repository/piggy-bank/trunk/firefox/install.rdf

- <em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>
+ <em:maxVersion>1.1</em:maxVersion>

This should fix it. However, there have been a bunch of changes with the
way extensions are registered since 1.0.

This (updated) doc is well worth a read:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/extensions/packaging/extensions.html

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community