denoting peer-reviewed material?

From: Erik Hatcher <esh6h_at_virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:32:59 -0400

In my project, we're going to begin Semantic Bank integration very
soon and leverage the fine work you've done (and contribute back to
it as we go, of course!). So you'll be seeing lots more of me around
here and on the dev list :)

One of the things that we want to build in is a facility to constrain
what can be collected to only peer-reviewed "rubber stamped"
objects. Or perhaps the constraint would be on the objects our
exhibit-building system uses rather than the constraint being on the
collection side of things.

I suspect this is a common desire in the educational world. How are
folks addressing this situation? Are there some conventions/
standards in place for this sort of thing?

Thanks,
     Erik