Re: denoting peer-reviewed material?

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:51:32 -0400

Hmmm. It might be useful, but we aren't doing that here, and I'm having a
hard time figuring out how you would know whether a given item was peer
reviewed
(without just asking a human that is). It's usually not indicated in the
metadata, although you might be able to infer it in certain cases (i.e.
came from a publishers
website, or contains publication metadata from a journal known to be
peer-reviewed). Did you have a mechanism in mind to decide that?

MacKenzie